Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Seashells

Sometimes we spend so much of our time searching. We long to be loved, we search for it. We long for riches, we search for them. We long for freedom, we search for it.

If I could just have that man in my life, the one. I would be happy.
If I could just have money to satisfy my wants. I would be happy.
If I could just be free from responsibilities. I would be happy.
I want, I want, I want. I search, I search, I search.


How often to we walk along the beach searching for seashells? Perfect whole seashells are hard to come by aren't they? Yet we still walk with our heads down searching for them. Well it's time to look up, lift your head and look out towards the ocean. Look at how the water glistens in the sun. Look at how the waves roll to shore. Beautiful isn't it? As you are constantly searching you miss out on what is really beautiful. You miss out on the happiness that currently exists in your life. In fact the best place to find a perfect whole seashell is not the beach. The best way is to wade ankle deep in the water and wait for the tide to roll in and out, this way they simply just appear. So stop searching. You are tired and distraught. Stop searching. Live your life and let the tide roll in and out around your ankles, let the good things come to you through Christ, a love that never fails.

2 comments:

  1. Gabrielle Elizabeth ~
    This on Shells also blesses my ♥.
    Please keep writing, utilize the Gift for words JESUS entrusted to you!!!
    Amy-Lynne in CA
    <'{{{><

    ReplyDelete
  2. James 1:17 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

    Every good thing given and every perfect GIFT is from Above, coming down from the FATHER of Lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.
    <'{{{><

    ReplyDelete