Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Guardian Angels

I am moving out of the house next week, boot camp it is. I have to say that the past 18 years of my life have been ever changing. Friends have come and gone, trends in and out. Guys/dating......that's an eye roller so I'll leave it at that. After all these years one thing has always been the same, I am literally blessed beyond belief when it comes to my family. I didn't choose them nor do I deserve them but none the less they are here in my life. So I have a few things to say...

Mom,

I have never met someone as gentle and caring as you. Whether I come home with a cut on my knee or a break in my heart you always take care of it. When I make mistakes you don't judge me, you just simply talk me through it. Your understanding nature amazes me.
We have spent some crazy times together. Following strange asian men down the ally ways of New York china town just to find a good knock off haha we are so weird and unsmart for doing that. And Paris! Our dream destination, traveled together. I'll never forget our quiet time together either, sitting and talking endlessly about everything. Though I think what I will miss this most is just crawling into your bed with a good book and reading with you until I fall asleep.
If this was a perfect world I would take the stress off your back and put it on my own because it seems like the only way to repay you for what you have done for me in my life. You are beautiful, talented, and your heart is truly made of gold. I am so proud to call you my mother.

Dad,

Thank you for teaching me to reach for something higher than just the stars, to never settle, and to expect the best out of everything in life. You have made me believe that I actually deserve something great out of this crazy mixed up world.
If I am scared or worried a good conversation with you makes me feel at ease. When I bring home a piece of artwork you always make it seem like a masterpiece, like the artist I aspire to be someday is a reality. You truly have this confidence in me that stays with me long after all my own has been drained.
We have so much fun together going to the shooting range, talking about life, and I swear no one's dad that I know of would watch Mamma Mia with them or take them to see it live for that matter! I will miss you so much! Thanks for all your support, I love you!

Andrew,

You have always been there for me to confide in. I love going on long car rides so that you can listen to all my crazy bull and I can listen to yours. Because of the simple fact that I do stupid unthoughtout things I secretly appreciate that you have always looked out for me. I miss having you around all the time.
I think that you are such a good person and that you are going to do great things with your life and I'm so glad I get to be around to watch it all happen. I look up to you in so many different ways. You have this level of inner strength and bravery that I can only hope to one day have for myself. Your great and I love you.

Hayden,

Ya little punk! What is there to say about you? Haha I love you! We are probably more alike than you think we are. One example would be that are heads are probably about the same thickness, which is thick. Yes, we fight alot but I love you everyday. So as we start to fight less I notice you are so much fun to be around. You crack me up! Dressing you up in a red beard, naming you Liam, and taping you walking around speaking in an irish accent is one of the many examples. You are such a talented athlete and you have a great future ahead of you!
So now that I am leaving I want you to know that I forgive you for that horrible day when you chased me with a snake all the way into nanna's bathroom. You know, the day that you slipped the snake under the locked door into the bathroom where I was standing on the toilet, TERRIFIED! I had no other choice but to crawl out the window.

All's well that ends well...

Lily,

When you came into our lives three years ago it was the most exciting thing for me because you became the baby sister that I never got to have. You are this tiny fireball of energy that always keeps me on my toes. You constantly put a smile on my face and I am looking forward to watching you grow up (just don't do it to fast) I will always, always be here for you.
I love you Lilybug!

I love each and every one of you so much. And as I enter this world for nine weeks where the only thing worse than not being able to call you everyday is wearing ugly white underwear that actually cover my whole butt, I will always think back to your love and support and I know I will get through it that much easier.

Love,

Your loving daughter and sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment