Friday, December 31, 2010

Praise Report

If you read my blog on a regualar basis you might know that I recently was stationed in Fort Campbell Kentucky (a whole five states away from my family and home in Oregon) and I've been living here for a few weeks without a car. It has been rough because I'm new here and I don't know alot of people and so it's been hard for me to get around. When I joined the army I got a $6,500 bonus and it finally found its home in my bank account! Well $4,300 of it did (taxes) I decided I wanted to spend about $3,500 of it on a car.
So then came searching for a car...

I was going to have my parents do it because I have no idea how to shop for a car. I told them I wanted a honda or a murcury sable. So they did, they went shopping and my dad called me about a 1999 Volvo S80 with 140,000 miles on it. He said it was in great condition and that it would be a great car for me to look into. I assumed that it would be so I told him to look into it more. Well then I called home a few days later and my mom thought that it was a bad idea because its a european car and they are hard to find parts for if any fixin' is needed (trust me I know this, I once owned a pain in the butt audi) and older brother Andrew had said the same thing, that it wasn't a good idea and that there were too many miles on it. My mom also thought that I should be involved in the buying process but wasnt sure when someone would be able to fly down here to help me.

Well my boyfriend is in town and he's 21 and has had experiences in buying cars before so I called home and told my parents that we would be going car shopping the next day. They thought it was a good idea. So that night we went back to my room and started looking up used cars on the internet to see what we should look into the next day.

NOTHING!

Everything I was finding had way to much mileage for way too much money. For example: a 2001 honda civic with 140,000 miles for $10,000. I wasa getting so stressed so I decided that we would just go out the next day and see what happened.

A break through!

A little bit later I called home again and my brother Andrew got on the phone and told me that he found a 2001 mercury sable on the internet with 37,000 miles priced at $3,495. YES Im not kidding. My parents looked into it and it was solid so I bought it! I can't believe it just showed up like that. I know I know...its a grandmas car. But I don't care. I'm in love.


it was a steal.


scratch that


it was simply a much needed answered prayer.


The Lord is amazing isn't he?
"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us-whatever we ask-we know that we have what we have asked of him." - 1John 5:14-15

1 comment:

  1. It is a very nice looking car! Not a Grandma's car at all. Although I am sure that some Grandma out there may drive one. But then there is probably at least one Grandma out there somewhere that drives a Viper or some sporty thing like that...

    ReplyDelete