Monday, January 24, 2011

Before I kick the bucket

I could sit and talk to you all day about what I want to do before I die so I will name a few, or alot and try to explain to you why. I want to travel the world and not just to say I've done it but because I want to experience life beyond my own culture. My first big trip crossed off my list was Paris and being there was just so spectacular. The way people dress, the buildings, transportation, their language...ohhh french! I want to learn!! Things are so different! For instance in Europe dont go asking them to put ice in your drink because nine times out of ten they dont have any and if they do they will bring you like one little cube. Im not sure why, they just dont put ice in their drinks. At a hotel in Paris do not ask the front desk for towels they think its rude and DO NOT sit on the steps indoors (also very rude) Make sure you visit Versailles because its so gorgeous! Well everything in Paris is. And did you know that there is only one wooden building it in the entire city? Everything else is stone. I grew up receiving gifts from my world traveled grandparents from places like Egypt, China, London, Holland, Germany, everywhere! And its the sweetest thing. When my grandmother was 13 she wrote a poem naming all the places she wanted to travel to and my grandfather took her to everyone of those places. I just hope I have found a man that will do the same for me. I want to jump from a plane. Well I kind of have to because Im in an airborne unit in the army so this means they are sending me to jump school next month. But I want to do it because Im terrified to do it. I dont think there is a better reward than finishing something you think you cannot do. I want to get a tattoo and its going to say "I fly on the wings of Angels" because I soon will have accomplished something that I never thought I would do...jump from planes. And God is going to send Angels to help me. I want to read all books written by Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice down) because I think she is genius and there is nothing more relaxing than a cup of hot chocolate and a good book. Scuba dive in the Caribbean ohhhh just because it would be AMAZING! Marry my best friend. Become a mother, and along with having two of my own I want to adopt because I want to do my part in bettering a childs life. Swim with dolphins. Become a designer. I dont have to be anything special but its what I really want to do and I love it so Im going to pursue my dreams. And I want to see every Broadway production that is still on Broadway today because Im obsessed :) Anyways so thats a short this and this post is already long enough so maybe I will share the rest of my dreams with you guys later in a short and more to the point way. But I will leave you with one last thing. No matter how my life turns out I want to be like the all the great ones who have gracefully kicked the bucket before me. No I dont have to remembered but if I am remembered I want people to remember me for giving more than I ever had, and for being kind, and for being crazy happy, and well for living my good life to the absolute fullest.

"And, while Cinderella and her Prince did live happily ever after, the point, gentlemen, is that they lived."

-Ever After

No comments:

Post a Comment