Friday, January 21, 2011

Fill in the blank Friday!


1. My favorite quote is not just one! So heres a few that I really adore.

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind"
-William Shakespeare, Mid-Summer Night's Dream

"Happiness is like a butterfly, which when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you sit down quietly, may alight upon you."
-Nathaniel Hawthorne

"You must know- surely you must know that it was all for you. I would have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on."
-Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice

2. A bad habit I have is chewing my nails. I chew them more when I get nervous or bored but nonetheless I dont think I will ever stop.

3. The first time I felt "grown up" was when I realized that the hot senior guy isnt always the best, that drinking until you cant see straight never makes your problems go away, that good things come to those who wait, and that its ok to be different from everyone else being a "you" that no one else can be, is special.

4. Weekends are the best when they are unexpected. Yes I get a weekends off but what I mean is when you get one or two extra days off that you didnt expect. For example today is Friday (a work day) and the entire post was shut down due to snow and ice on the roads so I got a text last night from my NCOIC ( army talk for Non Commissioned Officer In Charge) saying that we had the day off!! Ahhh I love it!

5. When I was a child I wished my name was anything but Gabrielle I used to think my name was ugly and I wanted a more "normal name" like Ashley or Kaylee. But as I got older I learned to love my name I think its very lovely and unique. Like I said above I think thats kind of the part of growing up, learning to love yourself for who you are including loving the name that people call you by.

6. I wish that I could meet the needs of every starving child, of every mother who cant afford to clothe her child, for every father that walks miles for his family every day with no shoes. I wish I could wipe all the tears from the families eyes who lost their loved ones to war. And I wish upon these people life I wish upon them hope.

7. A secret I have is I have grown up and matured well but I still have alot of child like qualities. I still sleep with my bear, in my desk drawer under a bunch of magazines is a disney coloring book that I get out every once in a while, I love to read books I used to read when I was young, and you should see me at disneyland I go CRAZY! I just like holding on to certain things from childhood because time gets scary sometimes and Im in no rush to forget my life growing up or to let go of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment