So last night I was completely bored out of my mind so I ran to Walmart just for whatever, and I came across the movie Tangled. And I have to say I LOVE this movie! It is so cute and clever. Hilarious too I might add. I recommend this to anyone and anybody. A movie for all ages :)
1. The best deal I've ever gotten is the car I have now. Yes its kind of a grandma car and it came with a dent in the side but, it is a 2001 with 38,000 miles on it and drruuummmm roll...I got that car for $3,500. Bought it all in one pop. Who has two thumbs and no car payments?? This girl :)
2. If I was hosting a dinner party and could invite people from my fantasy guest list it would include Johnathan Rhys Myers...forget the rest of the guests!!
3. Something that inspires me is the Circus. I love the big tents, the animals, the lights the warm colors, the performers. There is something just so magical and exciting about the circus, I love it. I'm reading Water for Elephants right now which could explain some of my obsession. Such a great book and I cant wait for the movie!!
4. If I could only choose to eat one flavor of food for the rest of eternity (sweet, salty, spicy, bitter....) I would have to go with sweet. I have the biggest sweet tooth on the planet.
5. I dream about traveling the world and getting hitched to my best friend.
6. My weekend will be spent relaxing, sleeping in, tanning, enjoying this beautiful weather Kentucky has been providing, and Church.
7. If I could watch only one Movie or TV show for the rest of my life it would be Pretty Little Liars for TV, I seriously LOVE that show. And for a movie I would have to say Pride and Prejudice.. it is my favorite.
Oh my goodness how sweet of Whitney over at Cheerios and Beer to pass on the 'stylish blogger award' on to me!! I feel so honored :)
It is really just something that I love to do in my spare time, and to see that others have enjoyed my blog makes it even more fun.
So thanks to Whitney for reading my blog for always posting lovely comments.. You are so sweet :)
With thisawesome amazing blogger award, there are rules. They include:
Thank the person who gave me the award, make a post and put a link back to the person.
Share 7 things about myself.
Pass the award to 10 recently discovered great bloggers.
Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
So 7 things about me...here we go...
1. I seriously love RICE!! And what I do is mix honey and soy sauce together and then top my rice with it. Its seriously my favorite food next to grilled cheese!
2. Since we are on the subject of food. I love subway so much and no joke I have never ordered a different sandwich IN my life. White bread, turkey, american cheese, extra mayo. haha weird huh? Well to me it is THE perfect sandwich.
3. I love to read. I get it from my Mom. Im currently reading Water for Elephants. Great book so far.
4. I have a minor case of OCD and for example I will tell you about my sleeping habit. Im in the army and being on time is a huge thing so I am alway afraid that my alarm wont go off in the morning and I will be late for PT formation. So I set my alarm (I use my phone) and this is how it goes... I say outloud "6:00, AM, Alarm on, Clock in the corner." Then to make sure my sound is on I will flip the sound off and then back on, and then turn the volume up all they way so that I can physically see that the sound is on. I know this sounds really really weird and unnecessary but if I dont do it my mind will not stop thinking about it. And if you thought that was bad...if I wake up in the middle of the night for any reason I have to repeat the process all over again. haha Im a nut.
5. I love the beach and when I have my way again. I will never live more than 20 minutes away.
6. I am a self proclaimed shopoholic and that sounds so stupid and cliche but its true. I do it when Im bored, when Im upset, when Im happy, when Im not bored...all the time.. I need to stop.
7. I love to travel. I've been to 23 states to include.. Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Texas, Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, Colorado, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Tennessee, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Georgia, Indiana, Delaware, Alabama, Missouri, Kentucky, and South Carolina. I've also traveled out of Country to Canada and France. Much more traveling to come in the future :)
Soooo guys I am on my lunch break and I want to get this posted, however I have to get back to work so I will be posting my 10 bloggers in a later post, soon to come!
So currently I am in the middle of one of the greatest books I have ever read. Normally I might wait until I am finished with a read before I go on a rant about it but I simply couldn't wait. The book is called The Shack, written by Paul Young. I will give you a quick description that you find on the back of the book...
"Mackenzie Allen Philips's youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later, in the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend.
Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever."
This book is so great. All of chapter eleven I literally balled my eyes out! It shows where God truly is in the midst of great sadness in all of our lives, right beside us. It gives peace of mind when it comes to death and eternity. I can't fully explain to you what this book did for me but I hope that you take my word for it and read it yourself. I promise you wont regret it.
"Earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal."
-Thomas Moore, "Come Ye Disconsolate"
if you decide to read this book, let me know your thoughts on it, I would love to hear them :)
1. My biggest accomplishment in life thus far is probably graduating basic training. I know that it was only ten weeks of my life but it was the hardest ten weeks of my life. I had literally just moved out of my house and all communication was cut off from my family except for the occasional ten minute phone call. Physical activity was thrust upon us 24/7 with very little sleep. And for those of you who don't know, the air in Missouri during the summertime is so thick you could cut it with a knife...its like breathing with a dirty sweaty sock over your face. Not fun to be out running and doing flutter kicks for hours on end. Anyways I got through a lot during that time. Got over some fears and I learned a lot. I would do it again if I had the chance.
2. My favorite place to sit in my house is well no where because I don't live in a house haha. But in the house I grew up in, the living room. I was never the girl who locked herself in her room all the time because I loved to be out where everyone else was. I liked to spend time with my family. So yeah, the living room because there was always someone else sitting in there with me.
3. My fashion philosophy is to have fun with your style and to wear it confidently. I like to say I don't really have a style, my wardrobe is very eclectic. But I love vintage chic, classy elegance, preppy, bohemian, rock n' roll...I think for me personally to have one set style I would be missing out on a lot of other things that I think are cool or fun. But overall wear your clothing confidently. Wear what makes you stand out. Wear what makes you, you.
4. Something every girl should have is a great pair of jeans. Sometimes they are hard to find but its worth it to find the perfect pair. Weather they are skinny or flair you should find them! They make a great staple item and you can obviously wear them over and over again.
5. If you looked in my purse right now you would find my makeup bag, mints, gum, a little notebook, ticket stubs to Lord of the Dance, and the current book I'm reading...The Shack.
6. My favorite music right now is country? No did I really say that??? Well it could be because here on the Kentucky/Tennessee border country music is EVERYWHERE. I think they may have got me hooked! But besides that I love Train, Owl City, the Pride and Prejudice soundtrack, and Broadway hits!
7. My favorite part of my body is my stomach. For some reason it is the only part of my body that I can make smaller. If I go on a diet or exercise well it will flatten to the place wear I like it. My hips, butt, and thighs however...stay the exact same.
Today I was thinking about something that really bothers me and I decided I wanted to share it with the rest of you.
It is an extreme pet peeve of mine when someone tells another person that their goals and aspirations are stupid and unattainable. I think it is the absolute worst thing.
I think that if you have a dream that you want to pursue, you should go whole heartedly to where your heart takes you and forget all the negative things people have to say about it. It's your decision what you want to do in life, no one else's. So I would encourage you to believe in yourself...have a little faith. You will go far in life no matter what it is that you decide to do.
These are a few girls who inspire me because they refuse to let other people influence them into quiting...here they are...dream catchers...
This is Rachael. She took my senior pictures and we kind of got to know eachother more through facebook. This girl is just so full of energy and within the short time I had spent with her while she took my pictures I could just really tell that this is what she really loves to do. She now is in colaberation with Beloved Life.Fine Art Photographers. And seriously guys she takes amazing photos! Here is a link to her pages. Here. and Here :)
This is Hannah. I went to High School with her and ever since I can remember knowing her, she wanted to model. And she does it every chance she gets. Even though she might not be signed by some huge agency she still models, and shes the type of girl who wont quit until she makes it big. I constantly see her striving to be her best and she certainly lets NO one stop her from doing her thing.
This is Maggie. I also went to High School with this girl. She wants to be a soldier and she leaves for basic training in about a week now. We message back and forth a lot and I try to make her less nervous about basic but seriously she doesn't need me to tell her that she is going to make it through. I know that she has a strong head and when shes tired from long days and short nights she will drive on. I wish her the best of luck and I can't wait to congratulate her when she has made it through! Welcome to the team Maggie!
So this is my older brother's lovely girlfriend, Natalie. This girl is insane. No joke she earned her bachelors degree by the time she was twenty and now she is in the middle of earning her MASTERS!!! My dad was like 32 by the time he went back and earned his! Obviously she is just beyond intelligent and she just never stops pushing herself!
although these four girls dreams are very different they have certainly displayed hard work and determination at its finest. and they inspire me to do my best in life, to reach for what i want out of it, and to let no one tell me i cant make it.
and anyone that has anything bad to say can kick rocks :)
So I realize that I have been gone lately...from the blog world and the reason being is that my Momma came to visit!!
She came and stayed with me for about a week and e seriously had a blast. We went to Nashville and stayed at a four star hotel right in the middle of downtown. We shopped out little brains out and just ran around being merry. We caught up over many dinners and drove all the way to Paris Tennessee to see and 60 foot Eiffel tower!! Haha now we just need to see the one in Vegas and we will have seen all of them ;) we had a good laugh!
My mom is seriously one of my best friends and I had such a good time with her.
I had to drop her off at the airport this afternoon and it wasn't fun. The worst part about saying goodbye to someone is when you get back home and their shoes aren't laying out on the floor anymore, their tooth brush isn't sitting on the sink anymore, and worst of all you are all by yourself. I hate it...it's like you have to start the heeling process all over again!
I miss my MOM! but it was definitely time well spent...and we will be seeing eachother once again shortly :)
My cousin Caitie is coming to visit next in two weeks!! I really don't have it that bad here because I have great people who care enough to come visit me whenever they can!
I am blessed with the BEST family and the BEST boyfriend!
and I promise to get back into my regular blog rhythm..until then, you all have a wonderful rest of the day :)