Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Shack

So currently I am in the middle of one of the greatest books I have ever read. Normally I might wait until I am finished with a read before I go on a rant about it but I simply couldn't wait. The book is called The Shack, written by Paul Young. I will give you a quick description that you find on the back of the book...

"Mackenzie Allen Philips's youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later, in the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend.

Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever."

This book is so great. All of chapter eleven I literally balled my eyes out! It shows where God truly is in the midst of great sadness in all of our lives, right beside us. It gives peace of mind when it comes to death and eternity. I can't fully explain to you what this book did for me but I hope that you take my word for it and read it yourself. I promise you wont regret it.

"Earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal."

-Thomas Moore, "Come Ye Disconsolate"

if you decide to read this book, let me know your thoughts on it, I would love to hear them :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm at where he decides to go to the shack...it is sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've passed the stylish blogger award on to you!!

    http://cheeriosandbeer.blogspot.com/2011/03/im-stylish.html

    keep up the awesome blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book made me consider soooo many things! It made me feel more like God really is there, even when I don't think he is. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete