Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Just jump...

Tomorrow is the big day. I leave for airborne school. After many "maybes" and "not now but laters" I am finally going. So I want to say a few things about the fear I have of going. I am terrified of jumping out of a plane 1,200 feet up in the air and I am even more terrified that I am going to fail. But I came across this quote back when I first entered basic training and it helped me through alot of the things I went through in that 10 week training period.

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do."

this has stuck with me and my flesh is fearful but it is my soul that the Lord dwells in and the Lord will keep me from being fearful. I fully trust that he will get me through these next three weeks without any problems. and by the strength and courage he gives me I will leave with wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment