Monday, May 9, 2011

Hello Soldier


On Saturday my cousin Caitie went to prom. This is the group of friends that she went with and let me just start off by saying "who needs a date???" serious...these girls are having a blast and this photo shoot was genius. Caitie is the one in the blue dress holding the pink umbrella. Stunning, I know. Caitie and her sister Ashley came into our family years ago (I lost track because it seems like I have never really been without them in my life) when their dad married my aunt Susan. These two girls plus my other cousin Hollie (Susans daughter) have been the sunshine in my life the three of them have gotten me through thick and thin and I love them with my whole heart.

Today though I want to talk about Caitie because she is getting ready to graduate high school on the 5th of June. Now I only graduated last year but MAN I can't believe this girl is getting ready to graduate! She has grown up so much over the past few years and has the best head on her shoulders a girl her age could have. She's got brain, beauty, and she is so strong. June 7th she leaves for boot camp to join our ranks in the United States Army. Looking at her picture you would never have guessed right? But I promise she looks great in camo too.

So Caitie when you read this:

One month until boot camp WOW! I can't believe the day is coming so fast. Coming from someone who has gone through it before I want to tell you that yes, its going to be scary and yes, its going to be hard. I tell you this not because I want to scare you but because of the simple fact that if it wasn't so hard and if it wasn't so scary you would have nothing to show for it. The things you will go through in that ten weeks are things that 98% of our population cant or refuse to do. You are going to accomplish so much and on that graduation day, with strength of a warrior running through your blood stream you will get to hold your head high with accomplishments that the rest of the world will be envious of. None of it would be worth it without the challenges that lie ahead of you so take these challenges each day by the horns and build off of them, no feeling will be better than that graduation day. I have the utmost faith in you and I speak not only for myself but for our whole family WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU. For many reasons you are one of the strongest people I know and I truly look up to you for that. I know you are going to go to this place and knock the training out like it was nothing but on those bad days, on the days when you feel like quiting, on the days when you have people telling you that you wont make it remember...

through Christ you are ALWAYS stronger than you think...always.

prove them all wrong and keep driving on soldier, one boot in front of the other.

I love you so so much.

3 comments:

  1. Lol I revised it...you might have to read it again lol I LOVE YOU TOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! haha I'll probably read it bunches of times. Because i'm getting nervous...and you give me strength and encouragement. So I KNOW I can do it :)

    ReplyDelete